Friday, May 15, 2009

Taking Off

Introduction:

I have decided that 2009 is the year I go solo.
I will be recording my progress here, as well as my general thoughts of the law.
Some of my posts will be humorous, some will likely be made in anger.
This is part business and part expression.

Lyon Legal is a firm seeking to focus in Copyright and Trademark litigation.
I have more than 4 years of experience as a litigator. I have appeared for clients in cases in District and Circuit Courts in Maryland and in the local courts of the District of Columbia. I have also appeared for clients in the United States District Court for the District of Maryland and the District of Columbia.

I also maintain a license to practice in Oklahoma, where I have many family and friend connections, though I have never practiced law there.

In addition to this blog I have a twitter presence
http://twitter.com/VincentLyon

and I am on facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/VincentTLyon

Background:

I was born and raised in Oklahoma City.
I went to Rosary Catholic school for primary school, and Northwest Classen High School.
My college education began with 2 years at St. Gregory's College (now St. Gregory's University) where I acquired an Associate's Degree in Natural Sciences.
I went on to obtain a Bachelor's Degree in History from Cornell University.
Returning to Oklahoma for personal reasons, I received a Masters Degree in Museum Studies from the University of Central Oklahoma.
After a few years working in that and related fields I realized my great interest in property rights of artists and authors.
In 2004 I graduated from the George Washington University law school.
I was licensed in Maryland in December of that year and in the District of Columbia the following year. Two years after that I became licensed in Oklahoma.

My practice has been diverse. I have handled bankruptcies, divorces and child support cases, contract disputes, personal injury, and of course copyright and trademarks.
I set out on my own, inspired by President Obama's inaugural address and look forward to the fulfillment of being my own boss.

No comments:

Post a Comment